National Francophone Immigration Week
From November 1st to 7th, 2015, French-speaking communities across Canada willl be celebrating the 3rd annual National Francophone Immigration Week, with this year's theme "Building Community through Diversity"! From British Columbia to Newfoundland, through Ontario and the territories, the week will be marked by a wide range of events that will showcase Francophone immigration and diversity in our communities.
National Francophone Immigration Week is an initiative of the Fédération des communautés francophones et acadienne du Canada (Federation of Francophone and Acadian Communities of Canada, FCFA) and the Réseaux en immigration francophone (Francophone Immigration Networks, RIFs) to celebrate Francophone immigration and diversity. It’s an opportunity to recognize newcomers’ contributions to the vitality and dynamism of Francophone communities outside of Quebec, as well as to showcase these communities’ efforts to attract, welcome, and support the integration of newcomers. It’s also an opportunity to create and strengthen ties between Francophone immigrants and host communities.
Show us what Francophone immigration means for you and take part in the events and celebrations near you! The calendar of events will be made public during the last week of October.
Between now and the first week of November, there are many ways for you to promote National Francophone Immigration Week and take part in the celebrations. Here are a just a few ideas.
- Contact the coordinator of your RIF to find out about the activities planned in your province, territory or region, and offer to help out. The RIFs are responsible for mobilizing partners, coordinating activities and promoting National Francophone Immigration Week at a provincial, territorial and regional level.
- Already planning activities related to Francophone immigration and diversity this fall? Why not hold them during the first week of November and submit the details through our events calendar? Various tools are available in French and in English to assist you in promoting your activities!
- Take part in the national social media campaign Proud of Francophone Diversity! coordinated by the FCFA.
- Check out our calendar of events during the last week of October to find out what activities will be taking place in your locality, province or territory through National Francophone Immigration Week.
Between November 1st and 7th
- Join the celebrations by taking part in the events in your locality, province or territory.
- Promote success stories, testimonies, promising practises or services and ressources for Francophone newcomers.
- Share messages related to Francophone immigration and diversity through social media using the hashtag #immfr.
Between October 26th and November 7th, take part in the national social media campaign Proud of Francophone Diversity! coordinated by the FCFA. We are encouraging individuals and organisations across the country to show their pride for Francophone diversity and to tell us what it means for them!
All you have to do is follow these simple steps:
- Download and print one of the following posters:
For me, Francophone Diversity means... (in English)
Proud of Francophone Diversity! (in English)
My name is...and I am proud of Francophone diversity!(in English)
Ma diversité francophone, c'est... (in French)
J'affiche ma diversité francophone! (in French)
Je m'appelle [NOM] et je suis fière d'afficher ma diversité francophone! (in French)
Je m'appelle [NOM] et je suis fier d'afficher ma diversité francophone! (in French)
For groups or organizations
We are...and we are proud of Francophone diversity! (in English)
Proud of Francophone Diversity! (in English)
Nous sommes [NOMS/NOM DE L'ORGANISME] et nous affichons notre diversité francophone! (in French)
Nous affichons notre diversité francophone! (in French)
Don’t forget to mention your name, organization, and your locality/province/territory of residence!
- Follow our Francophone immigration Facebook page or Twitter account. We will be posting pictures daily between October 26th and November 7th.
The success of National Francophone Immigration Week would not be possible without the collaboration and significant contributions of a large number of partners.
13 Réseaux en immigration francophone (RIF) - Please note that individual RIF partners will be added later.
- Réseau en immigration francophone de la Nouvelle-Écosse
- Réseau en immigration francophone du Nouveau-Brunswick
- Réseau en intégration francophone de l’Île-du-Prince-Édouard
- Réseau en immigration francophone de Terre-Neuve-et-Labrador
- Réseau de soutien à l’immigration francophone de l’Est de l’Ontario
- Réseau de soutien à l’immigration francophone de la région Centre-Sud-Ouest de l’Ontario
- Réseau de soutien à l’immigration francophone du Nord de l’Ontario
- Réseau en immigration francophone du Manitoba
- Réseau en immigration francophone de la Saskatchewan
- Réseau en immigration francophone de l’Alberta
- Réseau en immigration francophone des Territoires du Nord-Ouest
- Réseau en immigration francophone de la Colombie-Britannique
- Réseau en immigration francophone du Yukon
National Francophone Immigration Week is an initiative of the FCFA and the RIFs, made possible through financial support from Citizenship and Immigration Canada and the participation of many partners. This event is inspired by the success of the Semaine de l’immigration francophone en Atlantique, organized by the Comité atlantique sur l’immigration francophone in 2012.