Be a part of the celebration! Click here to find out more about how to participate. A submission form will be available on this page in September to register activities for the Week's event calendar.
There are various ways of participating in the Week or helping to promote it from now until October 29:
- In every province and territory, the Francophone Immigration Networks (in French - RIF, Réseaux en immigration francophone) are responsible for coordinating activities, mobilizing partner groups and supporting promotion of the Week at the provincial/territorial, regional and local levels. Contact your provincial or regional RIF to find out more about what is being planned and to offer your help.
In the Fall and During the Week
- Your organization was already planning to hold activities related to immigration or diversity this fall? We invite you to hold them between October 29 and November 4 and to register them on the event calendar! The submission form will be online in September.
- Participate in the activities programmed in your province, territory or region.
- Publish a statement or media release from your organization celebrating National Francophone Immigration Week.
- Promote success stories, testimonies, best practices or services and tools aimed at French-speaking newcomers.
- Post on social media on the topic of Francophone immigration and/or diversity, using the hashtag #immfr.
National Francophone Immigration Week is an initiative of the Fédération des communautés francophones et acadienne du Canada (Federation of Francophone and Acadian Communities of Canada, FCFA) and the Réseaux en immigration francophone (Francophone Immigration Networks, RIFs) to celebrate Francophone immigration and diversity. It’s an opportunity to recognize newcomers’ contributions to the vitality and dynamism of Francophone communities outside of Quebec, as well as to showcase these communities’ efforts to attract, welcome, and support the integration of newcomers. It’s also an opportunity to create and strengthen ties between Francophone immigrants and host communities.
The success of National Francophone Immigration Week would not be possible without the collaboration and significant contributions of a large number of partners.
13 Réseaux en immigration francophone (RIF) - Please note that individual RIF partners will be added later.
- Réseau en immigration francophone de la Nouvelle-Écosse
- Réseau en immigration francophone du Nouveau-Brunswick
- Réseau en intégration francophone de l’Île-du-Prince-Édouard
- Réseau en immigration francophone de Terre-Neuve-et-Labrador
- Réseau de soutien à l’immigration francophone de l’Est de l’Ontario
- Réseau de soutien à l’immigration francophone de la région Centre-Sud-Ouest de l’Ontario
- Réseau de soutien à l’immigration francophone du Nord de l’Ontario
- Réseau en immigration francophone du Manitoba
- Réseau en immigration francophone de la Saskatchewan
- Réseau en immigration francophone de l’Alberta
- Réseau en immigration francophone des Territoires du Nord-Ouest
- Réseau en immigration francophone de la Colombie-Britannique
- Réseau en immigration francophone du Yukon
- Association canadienne d'éducation de langue française
- Fondation canadienne pour le dialogue des cultures
- Rendez-vous de la francophonie
- Pathways to Prosperity partnership (P2P)
National Francophone Immigration Week is an initiative of the FCFA and the RIFs, made possible through financial support from Citizenship and Immigration Canada and the participation of many partners. This event is inspired by the success of the Semaine de l’immigration francophone en Atlantique, organized by the Comité atlantique sur l’immigration francophone in 2012.